Educational Program for 4 Year Old
Academics Through Play and Creative Activities:
- Verbal skills – able to express thoughts and ideas
- Color concepts – review colors and recognize color words Shapes
- Sizes – big/small, short/tall, fat/thin
- Numbers – counting from 1 to 50, recognizing those numbers on flash cards
- Simple addition
- Age concepts – youngest/oldest, understands his/her own age and friend’s ages
- Volume concepts – empty/full, more/less
- Positional concepts – in/out, over/under, top/bottom, front/back, first/last, etc.
- Alphabetic concepts – knows ABC’s (can recognize upper/lower case letters, and can identify our of sequence, etc.)
- Rhyming – can identify rhyming words
- Writing – first and last name, numbers, and upper/lower case letters
- Time concepts – day/night, before/after, today/yesterday, etc.
- Initial consonant sounds – for those children who know alphabetic concepts
- Community awareness – can recognize doctore, nurse, teacher, firefighter, etc.
- Manners – please/thank you, excuse me, etc
- Organized play – musical chairs; duck, duck, goose, etc.
- Sharing and taking turns
- Cleaning up
- Expression through songs, finger plays, nursery rhymes, dance
- Three (3) step directions
- Age-appropriate puzzles
- Marching, running, hopping, jumping, walking in straight lines, etc. (gross motor)
- Family members, teachers, and classmates, etc.
- Recalling objects removed from sight (visual memory)
- Fruits and vegetables
- Names of clothing, basic body parts, and seasons
- Learning “simple” life cycles (plants, frogs, butterflies, i.e., seeds to plants)
- Painting, pasting, coloring, drawing, cutting, tracing, following dot-to-dot, stringing beads (fine motor skills)