Learning through play and creative activities:
- Verbal skills — able to express thoughts and ideas, tell stories, etc.
- Color concepts — review colors and recognize color words
- Sizes — can compare objects - big/small, short, tall, wide, narrow
- Numbers — Counting from 1 — 50 (5's until 100), recognizing numbers on the flashcards
- Simple addition/subtraction
- Age concepts — understand own and friend's age, youngest/oldest
- Volume Concepts — Empty/full, more/less, deep/shallow, thin/thick etc.
- Positional concepts — in/out, over/under, top/bottom, front/back, first/last, before/after, above/below etc.
- Alphabetic concepts — Knows ABC's — can recognize upper and case letters — can identify letters out of sequence
- Rhyming — can identify rhyming words/ can create rhyming words (depending on their age)
- Writing — first and last name, numbers, upper/lower case letters, and number 1-10 (5 years old)
- Time concepts — day/night, today/yesterday/tomorrow, this week/next week/last week
- Initial consonant sounds — for those children who know alphabetic concepts
- Expression through songs, finger play, nursery rhymes, stories, and dance
- Three or four-step directions
- More complex puzzles
- Marching, running, hopping, jumping, skipping, walking in straight lines, and pouring without spilling.
- Can use pencil, brush & child size scissors
- Painting, pasting, coloring, cutting (under close supervision) etc. by using different media
- Family members, teachers, and classmates, etc
- Recalling objects removed from sight (visual memory)
- Fruits, vegetables, animals, food, dental care, and exercise
- Names of clothing and basic body parts
- Learn simple life cycles — plants, frogs, butterflies, seeds to plants, egg to chicken, etc.
- Manners — please/thank you, excuse me, may I
- Share & take turns
- Friendship — how to be a good friend
- Follow directions/ class rules
- Playing in groups
- Cleaning up